A SUPERVISORY BOARD (RAAD VAN TOEZICHT) WILL MEET TWICE A YEAR TO ENSURE THAT THE ACTIVITIES UNDERTAKEN BY THE LEIDENASIACENTRE REFLECT THE DECISION OF THE VARIOUS GOVERNING BODIES OF THE CENTRE.
As of September 27th 2021, the composition of the Supervisory Board is as follows:
– Chair: Ben Knapen, Senator (CDA) and former minister of Foreign Affairs
– Constance de Klerk-Waller, Former Chair Leiden University Fund
– Prof. Dr. Mark Rutgers, Dean of the Humanities Faculty
– Alexander Doorman, Partner Global Transactions Freshfields
– Ed Kronenburg, Former ambassador to China
– Jan Anne Schelling, Director human relations Royal IHC
– Sabine Gimbrère, Director of the International Office/City of Amsterdam
Members are appointed in a personal capacity, with the exception of the Dean of the Humanities Faculty and the Chair of Leiden University Fund (LUF).
The LeidenAsiaCentre receives input from the International Advisory Council for its overall strategy. Consisting of academics and executives working on (East) Asia and drawn from a variety of disciplines and perspectives, this body will meet once a year to review the research and outreach activities of the centre, to advise on relevant developments and to strengthen the LeidenAsiaCentre network.
The International Advisory Council consists of:
• Prof. Bill Callahan London School of Economics
• Prof. Valerié Gélèzeau EHESS (Paris/IIAS)
• Prof. (mw) Emiko Ochiai Kyoto University
• Dr. Philippe Peycam Director International Institute Asian Studies (Leiden)
• Prof. Jennifer Robertson Michigan, Ann Arbor
• Monika Sie Dhian Ho Director Netherlands Institute for International Relations Clingendael
• Lay Hwee Yeo European Union Centre/Singapore Institute of International Affairs/National University of Singapore
• Bert Hofman Director of the East Asian Institute at the National University of Singapore
• Haruko Satoh Osaka School of International Public Policy/OSIPP-IAFOR Research Centre