- Dit evenement is voorbij.
Tourism from China
9 juni 2016 | 09:30 - 17:00
In cooperation with NBTC Holland Marketing, the LeidenAsiaCentre will organize a seminar on tourism from China on June 9th.
In recent years, inbound tourism from China has witnessed a steady and rapid increase. China is now one of the 10 largest origin markets for inbound tourism in the Netherlands, and is expected to climb to the top 5 in 2025. The LeidenAsiaCentre intends to identify the opportunities the Chinese travel market can offer. By bringing together knowledge, information and experience from business, governments and research institutes, this seminar aims to encourage and optimally benefit from the inbound tourism from China.
In the morning three speakers will give speeches on a variety of subjects concerning the Chinese travel market, while the afternoon will be occupied by four parallel interactive sessions, of which the attendees can attend two. You can indicate your preference for the two sessions upon registration.
10.00 Start of Program, welcome by Frank Pieke, executive director LeidenAsiaCentre & Jos Vranken, general director NBTC Holland Marketing
10.20 Prof. Dr Robert Li, Temple University: Trends in Outbound Tourism from China
11.00 Eddie Yang, Country Manager NBTC China: Chinese Inbound Tourism in the Netherlands
11.30 Robin Uyterlinde, Ministry of Foreign Affairs: Development of visa regulations in China
Followed by Q&A
12.00 Lunch Break
13.00 Parallel interactive sessions
- Eddie Yang, NBTC China – Working together with Alibaba in promoting The Netherlands (English)
- Bei Wang, Journalist and Researcher LeidenAsiaCentre – The relevance of social media in China for promoting Holland (English)
- Garrie van Pinxteren, Senior Researcher LeidenAsiaCentre – The image of the Netherlands in Chinese media (Dutch)
- Gabriëlle van Esselbrugge, owner hotel Dames van de Jonge – Chinese hotels in The Netherlands, Chinese preference for food, attractions & shopping (Dutch)
15.00 Plenary discussion
15.30 – 17:00 Closing, followed by drinks
Registration is required, please enroll here.